Lunch & Nutrition
LUNCH PROGRAM INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
You will notice in the Forms Package that the Registration Form for the lunch program is now a district-wide registration form. If your child(ren) is participating in our supervised lunch program,
- please complete the registration form
- fill in the back of the registration form if applicable (medical conditions/allergies)
- return the forms and fees by September 9. Please put payments in the provided sealed envelope identified as LUNCH PROGRAM FEES.
Payment may be made by one of the following options:
- 10 post-dated cheques ($19.00 each) for September 1, 2016 to, and including, June 1, 2017.
- One cheque dated September 1, 2016 ($95.00) and one post-dated cheque ($95.00) dated February 1, 2017
- One cheque for the lunch fee in full for the school term ($190.00).
(Please note: The September cheque may be post-dated to September 30)
CASUAL USER FEE: $2.00 per child per day payable directly to the office to obtain a coupon to be given directly to lunch supervisor. (Coupons can be purchased in a sheet of 10 for $20.00)
Under no circumstances will students registered in the Lunch Program be permitted to leave the school grounds during the lunch hour unless the parent/guardian advises the lunchroom supervisor by written note to the classroom teacher.
- All students will eat in their assigned classrooms with a bag lunch supplied from home. Due to allergies, we remind parents the school is a nut-sensitive environment. Please ensure students have appropriate cutlery to accompany their lunch if needed. (Please note that we have a student with a severe allergy to fish/fish odour)
Students will be asked
- Not to interfere with any other student’s lunch or personal property
- To use quiet voices for conversations
- Not to share or trade food items
- To eat while sitting down
- Not to move around the classroom with food or drink in hand or mouth
- To remain in their own classroom/not visit with other students in other classrooms
- To clean their own area and remove their garbage and recycling to designated areas
- Indoor activities will be planned for inclement weather.
- Notify the school office immediately if your child/children will not be in the lunch program for any specific weeks/months.
***PARENTS - PLEASE DISCUSS THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN AND THEN KEEP THIS SHEET AT HOME FOR FURTHER REFERENCE. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Sylvia Becker, Principal.